Buying an Exercise Bike or Spin Bike
Cycling provides a fantastic way to increase fitness and burn calories. Exercise bikes and spin bikes offer a low impact workout, which can strengthen your legs and tone your buttocks and hamstrings. They are very easy to use, and rain or shine you can be sure of getting your exercise from the comfort and privacy of your home.
Exercise bikes and spin bikes both achieve the same goal and are great forms of exercise, however they are a bit different. Exercise bikes feature oversized seats for improved comfort, built in manual or motorized resistance levels, as well as (depending on the model) pre-programmed exercise programs to put you through a workout. While spin bikes are designed to replicate road biking more accurately with a frame, seat, and handlebars similar to that of a typical road bike; and the resistance is manually applied to a flywheel - which can provide a lot of resistance.
Your decision to buy either an exercise bike or spin bike will generally come down to your own preferences and exercise needs as an individual.
Exercise Bike Features:
- Many of our exercise bikes come with fitness programs preloaded; simulating real riding conditions and keeping your workout interesting, effective and fun. This feature is specific to exercise bikes, as spin bikes don’t come with pre-programmed workouts.
- Large easy to use LCD displays for monitoring your progress, which display helpful information such as time, distance, calories burnt and speed.
- Multiple resistance levels to help push your fitness and fat loss to new levels!
- Some of our exercise bike models offer a hand pulse heart rate monitor which gives you instant feedback, allowing you to exercise in your optimum training zone.
- Transport wheels are included with most models making them easy to move around. This coupled with the fact that exercise bikes are relatively compact makes them a good choice for individuals with limited floor space at home.
- Oversized seats to provide comfort, unlike spin bikes which have more narrow, road bike style seats.
Spin Bike Features:
- Highly adjustable resistance to help challenge yourself in your workouts. The typical spin bike flywheel is either 20kg or 30kg; while an exercise bike only has an 6kg to 10kg flywheel generally. Therefore spin bikes can provide greater resistance for high intensity training!
- Safe to stand up on due to their strong supporting frames while you pedal to push yourself even further in your workouts and capable of supporting heavier user weights. They also do not free wheel like an actual road bike which can motivate you to keep pedaling through the tough moments of your spin bike training routine! The ability to stand up and pedal can also help you to push your leg muscles extra hard, burning additional calories and shaping and toning your legs and glutes.
- Some of our spin bike models offer hand pulse heart rate monitors allowing you to exercise in your optimum training zone.
- Transport wheels are included with most models making them easy to move around, perfect for people with limited floor space!
Exercise and Spin Bike Benefits:
- Easy to use! It's as easy as riding a bike!
- Exercise anytime of day or night, rain or shine and maintain a consistent and effective fitness regime
- Develop, tone and strengthen quadriceps, gluteal and hamstring muscles. And also workout your most important muscle - your heart!
- Exercise bikes and spin bikes offer a great cardio workout.
- What better way to relieve the stress of a busy day at work than a few minutes on a bike!
Exercise Bikes and spin bikes offer a great no impact cardio workout, ideal for people who want to lose weight, get fit or strengthen legs and tone buttocks