Buying a Rowing Machine
Rowing machines are a highly effective form of cardiovascular exercise. The reason why it is so effective is due to the fact that unlike other forms of exercise, when you row you utilize approximately 80% of the muscles in your body. This greater muscle activation can amp your metabolism up to a very high rate, helping facilitating fat loss.
Rowing Machine Benefits
- Working out on a rowing machine uses a large deal of the muscles of the body, including the quadriceps, hamstrings, calves, the musculature of the back, arms and even abdominals.
- Due to using so many muscle groups in unison, it is possible to train your cardiovascular system more effectively than other options as local muscular fatigue (lactic acid build up) will not limit your ability to keep going to the same extent.
- Rowing is low impact to help keep your joints healthy.
Rowing Machine Features to consider
- Resistance type Our rowers make use of magnetic resistance, and/or fan resistance to provide you with a fantastic rowing workout. There are a number of other options available on the market such as water resistance, however we prefer to stock fan resistance options as this is still considered the gold standard in rowing as it correctly replicates real rowing, as the resistance increases as you pull harder. Despite what the name would suggest, water resistance does not better replicate this correctly.
- Heart rate monitors Some of our rowing machines come with a strap on heart rate monitor so you can keep your workout in the optimum training zone. This feature can be very useful for individuals with specific training goals, as due to the high intensity nature of rowing it is possible to misjudge what zone you are working in without this feedback.
- Fold away for easy storage Our rowing machines are designed with your needs in mind, for this reason all of our models can be folded up for storage, and are also moveable. Meaning that when not in use you don’t need to have the machine taking up valuable lounge space, simply fold it up and wheel it away!
- Pre-programmed workouts Some rowing machine models come preloaded with pre-programmed workouts including interval training options. These can be very useful for helping motivate you during your workout as well as preventing you from becoming stale. The workouts are designed by expert trainers!
Rowing machines offer a great cardio workout, ideal for people who want to lose weight and get fit.