Buying a Treadmill
The advantage of a treadmill is that rain or shine you can still get your daily walk or run - and in New Zealand our weather conditions are so variable it is not always easy to get out and about!
With so many options when it comes to purchasing a treadmill in terms of various suppliers, makes and models; as well as advertised specifications and features, it can often get quite confusing! The following features will provide clarity on some of the key features to look for when choosing the right treadmill for you, and your needs.
Features to Consider
- Treadmill Motor, the motor is the most important component to look for when buying a treadmill. Motor sizes can vary and you need to be sure to pick the right size motor for what you intend to use your treadmill for. For a treadmill to be used for running (not just walking and jogging) it needs to be capable of at least 2.0 continuous HP. Below 2.0 continuous horsepower is suitable for only walking and jogging. With a higher quality motor, comes a smoother, quieter and more enjoyable workout; so it is worth investing in a treadmill that meets your needs.
- Variable incline control, you can simulate walking up a hill or walking on the flat. The ability to incline a treadmill can make a significant difference to the intensity of your home workout, leading to greater calorie burning as well as developing the calves and defining the calves and buttocks!
- Stylish and compact. Our treadmills not only look great, but they can be folded away for easy storage. The majority of our treadmills also make use of hydraulics to ensure that lowering the deck ack down is safe, simple and easy to do!
- Work out programs. Many of our treadmills come with workout programs designed by trainers which give you workouts of varying levels of intensity. You can also customize your own workout by changing the settings manually. Fun and effective workout programs are key to ensuring your long term commitment to your fitness regime to help you achieve your goals!
- Our range of treadmills come with Cushioned Running Decks; this is a very important feature as it reduces the impact on your joints as you run, making running on a treadmill significantly lower impact than running on the road or pavement!
- Heart rate monitor. Many of our treadmills come with a heart rate monitor so you can keep your workout in the optimum training zone, helping to ensure that you achieve your personal fitness or fat loss goals.
- The low impact workout that a treadmill offers helps to strengthen muscles and increase bone density.
- A great cardio workout, ideal for losing weight and increasing fitness.
- Save time and money. Working out from home means you don't have to travel to a gym or pay membership fees.
- A treadmill can be used for either walking or running - and it's really easy to use!
Treadmills offer a great cardio workout which you can easily vary according to your fitness level and training goals. Treadmills are ideal for people who want to lose weight and get fit. Our Treadmills are available in a range of sizes.